Thursday, August 27, 2015

Rowan Reveal

So, we got some good news recently...


Although Viv doesn't seem as excited (She's actually just upset because I'm making her sit). I had the hardest time finding a 'big sister' t-shirt...I finally had to order one online. 


So once we had our genetic testing done with good results we told everyone and had another gender reveal party. I let mom plan it this time and only Aunt Teresa M. knew the gender before the party. Adam was out of town training in Colorado and so they weren't going to be able to come to the party. I gave them the results from the gender test and she went out and purchased the appropriate colored supplies. It was fun being surprised this time around. 

Mom wasn't quite happy with the cake since the frosting was supposed to be pink and blue...but it tasted good! 




We had pizza and lots of sweet treats. 


Everyone who voted 'Boy'! I know no pregnancy is ever the same, but I had more nausea at night this time around and it lasted longer than the 3 weeks I had it with Viv...so I voted 'Boy'. 


All the 'Girl' votes...Nathan thought Viv would want a little sister. 


Everyone had a chance to name the baby...we had some pretty good submissions. Nathan's favorite was from Jason...he submitted 'Bruce Wayne'. 


We had to blow up two balloons to find out the gender...the one that held air was the winner. And the blue balloon won! 


Viv was most excited about the balloons...




14 weeks....definitely showing more the 2nd time around. 


His name will be Rowan Lee...an ode to where my Gpa Paul grew up...now a small little dilapidated town in North Central Iowa. 


I spent a lot of time there as a kid visiting my many great aunts and uncles and great grandmother. Lee is my Dad's middle name. We actually got to visit Rowan this past week when we spent the weekend at Lake Cornelia. I don't remember the last time I had been there.  




I'm trying to get into 'boy mode'...it's hard to switch gears after thinking pink and sparkles the last two years! But we can't wait until he's here...coming soon February 2016. 



No comments:

Post a Comment