Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Into the Woods

We made our annual trek back to The Woodlands the first weekend in May for Nathan's triathlon....And since our babysitters were going to the Kentucky Derby we took Viv along. I was looking forward to it and kind of dreading it as well...since you never quite know what to expect when traveling with a toddler. We left really early in the morning to fly out of Moline since it saved a significant amount of money rather than flying out of Cedar Rapids. Unfortunately, I had a panic attack on our first flight and Nathan was awesome managing Viv. I had packed my flying meds since I haven't needed them for quite awhile. She was a great flyer....it's just me that needs help :) 

I found a condo to rent on VRBO and it worked out great since we had Viv with us. We played at the pool and it was very convenient having a kitchen. 




We went to my fave....the Black Walnut and Viv approved of the gelato. 





We had some early Mother's Day and Christmas gifts made. 




The morning of the race Viv and I tried to go and watch Nathan...but he had already passed us by. We didn't make it quite early enough. But he had a good race! 


We spent the morning at Market Street playing at the splash pad and shopping. 


The water was cold! Viv was interested in the water for about 15 minutes...and then all she was interested in doing was running around the splash pad and bee lining it for the street!...so we packed up and carried on shopping. 


The flights home were much better...later in the day and no panic attacks! Yay! Viv slept the entire long flight home...we were so thankful! She slept very well in the condo and it was really fun to take her along with us. 


Plane family selfie...




We also had some family photos taken while we were there with one of my old acquaintances from when we lived in The Woodlands. We had a perfect night for photos. I was very pleased with how they turned out. 























No comments:

Post a Comment